Company Profile: Our company is an industry leader in freight forwarding and logistics. Be a part of a local team that services the local MD, DC, VA, and PA markets and moves freight worldwide! Our local office is looking for a highly self-motivated individual with international logistics coordination experience. Why Consider This Position?
• We pride ourselves in customer service and value our employees.
• We reward employees for exceeding expectations in teamwork and customer service.
• We offer a highly competitive salary and a wide range of full-time benefits, including but not limited to:
• Generous healthcare premium cost-sharing
• Employer funded HRA
• 401(k) plus match
• Discounted short-term disability etc. * We want an upbeat team player with a positive attitude who has a great work ethic to join our team.
• Halethorpe, MD (BWI Airport)
• Competitive Base Salary (commensurate with experience), 401K with company match, and a wide range of elective benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
• Capture and complete customer quote requests
• Place carrier quote requests
• Build optimum shipping quotes, securing accurate solutions for customers
• Receive and close customer orders
• Handle customer inquiries and service issues
• Ability to multitask and provide the highest quality of customer support while developing time-sensitive and cost-effective routings/quotations.
• Able to develop relationships with a large, diversified customer base
• Review documentation for compliance requirements
• Working knowledge of customs process and export/import regulations
• Working knowledge of international commerce (published & internet resources)
• High-level verbal and written communication skills
• Minimum 2 years of import/export experience with a Freight Forwarder
• Technical experience with Microsoft Office software
• CargoWise-based applications experience a plus but not required
• Documented industry certifications (ex. Dangerous Goods Certified) are a plus but not required
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
• Import/Export: 2 years (Required)